Monday 26 November 2012

Curveballs

So I said on my last blog that I would be updating it on a daily basis, with more recent developments of our plan. Truth is, I've sat down to do so a few times now, & each time, not finished it, because I'm still waiting on a few things before I can make a concrete decision. Trying to organise something like this is a lot of work, however life obviously goes on whilst the process takes place, & life, as it does, continues to throw all sorts of curveballs at you. We all have our own personal crosses to bear & I've tried to keep my everyday worries out of this challenge. However, the 2 are now inextricably linked



2 weeks ago, a good friend of mine was subbed off from a football match, complaining of chest pains. He was taken to hospital to be checked out,but unfortunately passed away within hours. Paul Jevon was 31 years of age. When something like this happens, we all seemingly go through the same process of shock at the sudden nature of it, grieving for the family, before reviewing our own priorities & questioning our own mortality. However, Jevs' death now also has a very direct impact on this trip & that's why I'm mentioning it now. His funeral was announced on Saturday to be held on Thursday 6th Dec in Brookman's Park, Herts. On that day, I'm due to fly from Barcelona to Milan to take in the Inter game.



I've spent the last few days weighing it all up. I've come too far & invested too much time & money to simply give up on it. More importantly, Jevs was a real keen traveller & that would be the last thing he would want. If I were to attempt this,however, & miss out on a game, having missed Jevs' funeral, it would haunt me forever. At this stage, my inclination is to miss out on the Inter Milan game, before flying back into hamburg to resume the trip. I realise that this will mean I don't complete the challenge in full, but at this point, I feel like I have to prioritise. As well as that, the flag has become a much more important part of this all anyway,which Jamie & Dean will be able to carry forwards,& hopefully they'll be able to complete all 7.



However, there are still a few problems standing in my way, so this isn't a final decision. I'll have to re-work the logistics of getting back in & out of England in time,& at this late stage, this will be at a huge cost to myself.So, it's still not 100 per cent certain that this is the way I'll go. Just figured I'd update as to where we're at



Thanks for reading

I will make sure that tomorrow's update does include the justgiving link

Baz

No comments:

Post a Comment