Tuesday 27 November 2012

Just giving

A lot has happened in 24 hrs. Having spoken with numerous friends & family about it, I've decided, with a heavy heart, to proceed from Barcelona to Milan as planned. The costs incurred in getting back in & out are all too much, on top of everything else, & this is a once in a lifetime attempt at doing something like this. I've been in touch with Jevs' family & I hope they can understand my reasons for not making it to his funeral next week. He'll certainly be in my thoughts


Jamie unfortunately received a bit more bad news of his own recently, that will massively affect the trip, but it's not my place to comment on that at this stage, at least until we've resolved everything. I was going to title this post "it never rains,but it pours" but it's too late in the day to be negative on our setbacks. Whatever decision Jamie reaches, we'll support it & help him out accordingly


So, back to the planning of it, & everyday's post brings a new batch of tickets. We've now got 4 of the game's tickets in hand, so that'll make life a little easier on the other side. PSG on the Tuesday night is our main concern, but I'm more determined to complete all 7 now more than ever


I've also been told the flag is almost finished, so hopefully I'll have it in time to take to Goodison tomorrow night, but I won't know until later in the day. I'm a little nervous to see the finished product, as it's nothing like the original design idea

So, now that I'm personally fully committed to all 7 games again, nows the time to start the justgiving  campaign. I realise it's a bit late in the day, with us setting off on Sunday, but I've explained the reasons we decided against it in the initial blog, & we've set a target that we don't expect to raise by the time we return, so it gives us a commitment to continue fundraising for Wee Oscar afterwards

Here's the link


Finally, the main purpose of this blog, & now this trip, is to raise more awareness for Oscar's story. Please read his blog here

Follow him on twitter here

Like his Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment